Continuous integration that is fast, consistent, and super simple to use.
With Earthly, all builds are containerized, consistent, and language agnostic.
Clunky and Brittle
Build guru required
Easy to Understand
Nobody likes their CI/CD
Traditional CI/CD has many pain points
Nightmare to Maintain
CI/CD pipelines are a nightmare to maintain.
- Slow dev-test cycle
- No local pipeline execution
- Limited code reuse
- Clunky language (e.g. YAML, Bash, Groovy)
- Difficult to parallelize
More than half of CI/CD run time is spent reexecuting things that haven't changed.
- Reinstalls dependencies every time
- Unnecessary task reexecution
- Ineffective caching
- Sandboxed CI environments sacrifice speed
Slower Means More Profit
The slower the build, the more the vendor profits.
- Profits tied to build minutes
- Slower builds benefit vendors
- Incentive against speed innovation
Poor Monorepo Support
CI/CD platforms falter with monorepo/polyrepo layouts, causing compatibility and efficiency issues.
- Limited monorepo compatibility
- Changes trigger all pipelines every time
- No robust way to trigger a subset of pipelines
- No easy way to import build results across repositories
- Requires complex DIY scripting
Introducing Earthly CI
Fast, consistent CI that is super simple to use
Write builds once, run them anywhere
- All builds run in containers, making them self-contained, isolated, consistent, and portable.
- Builds execute correctly regardless of the platform or specifics of the environment.
- No need to configure language-specific tooling or install extra dependencies.
Ridiculously fast builds!
Earthly CI vs Traditional CIs
Earthly CI - up to
Earthly CI - minimum
Lines represent build time in seconds.
Based on build speeds reported by our users
- Earthly CI runs builds 2-20x faster compared to traditional CI/CD platforms.
- Automatic parallel execution and optimal cache usage with no configuration required.
- An instantly available build cache eliminates download and upload delays.
- All builds are defined in Earthfiles and use a syntax that is easy to write and understand.
- Engineers can quickly grasp Earthfiles without prior knowledge of Earthly or Earthly CI.
- It's like Dockerfile and Makefile had a baby.
VERSION 0.7PROJECT my-org/my-projectFROM alpine:3.15my-pipeline:PIPELINETRIGGER push mainTRIGGER pr mainBUILD +my-buildmy-build:RUN echo Hello world
Great for monorepos and polyrepos
- Earthly CI works with both monorepos and polyrepos, providing flexibility in organizing your build logic.
- Builds can be split across multiple subdirectories or even repositories.
- Easily reference targets from other Earthfiles, no matter their location.
Pricing aligned with performance
- Earthly CI's pricing is aligned with performance, eliminating misaligned incentives found in traditional CI/CD platforms.
- Instead of billing by-the-minute, Earthly CI charges per active user and bills compute at cost.
- No financial incentives exist for increased build times, ensuring a focus on optimizing build speeds and customer satisfaction.
Remote build runners built-ins
- Run remote builds directly from your terminal.
- Don’t tie up your laptop running long builds.
- Available in both x86 and arm64. Builds run faster because no emulation is required.