9 times faster builds with Earthly
Switching to Earthly took us from 45 minutes to 20 minutes, and using Satellites took us from like 20 minutes to 4 or 5 on average.
Director of Internal Tools @ NOCD
By using Earthly, we enabled developers to execute complex CI pipelines on their laptops without having to commit any code!
Principal Software Engineer @ Roche
Decrease in build time after Earthly
Earthly Cloud reduced our average build time from 20 minutes to 3 minutes and was quick and straightforward to set up and use.
CTO @ Table Needs
By providing rapid build times, intelligent caching, and repeatability, Earthly enables a better approach to the coordination of development and deployment.
Head of IT & Security Operations @ Deep Genomics
- Satellites – Fast, simple remote build runners that integrate seamlessly with any CI – the benefits of Earthly Cloud on top of your CI/CD platform
- Use Satellites with Jenkins, GitHub Actions, CircleCI, GitLab CI/CD, AWS CodeBuild, Google Cloud Build, and more
- Execute CI pipelines on your laptop, remotely, or in any CI
- Easily reproduce CI failures locally
- Containers make builds self-contained, isolated, consistent, and portable
- Correct execution, regardless of the environment
- New colleagues get started fast: no special configuration necessary
- Automatically caches results at each step of the build
- Redundant work is eliminated in subsequent builds
- Caching makes builds fast and efficient
- No configuration required
- 2-20x faster builds in CI
- Rebuild only what has changed
- Automatic parallel execution
- Automatic caching with no configuration required
- Like layer caching, but for the entire pipeline, not just for images
- No upload/download of cache – instantly available
Read more about what makes Earthly fast
- Quickly grasp Earthfiles without prior knowledge
- Syntax that is easy to write and understand by all engineers
- It's like Dockerfile and Makefile had a baby
RUN apk --update --no-cache add git
COPY main.go .
RUN go build -o build/go-example main.go
SAVE ARTIFACT build/go-example AS LOCAL build/go-example
RUN go install golang.org/x/lint/golint@latest
COPY main.go .
RUN golint -set_exit_status ./...
- Works with both monorepos and polyrepos
- Builds can be split across multiple subdirectories or even repositories
- Reuse, don't repeat: reference builds, recipes, artifacts, and images from other locations
Read more about why Earthly excels in monorepos